The NBA Draft is less than a week away, with potential big trades coming. With free agency looking less exciting this year, this might be the best chance for teams to really change their teams this offseason.
1. Orlando Magic: Jabari Smith | Auburn | Forward | Freshman | 6?10, 220
Smith seems to possess the best mix of upside and fewest question marks. As in he’s not a 195lb 7 footer who you wonder can gain weight. He makes his 3’s, makes his FT’s. Just a lot to like in a switchable post player for the modern game. The only thing that seems to be lacking some in comparison to Holmgren is the shotblocking.
2. Oklahoma City Thunder: Chet Holmgren | Gonzaga | Forward/Center | Freshman | 7?0, 195
Poku and Chet on the same team would be amazing ectomorphs everywhere. Holmgren is an intriguing talent who may actually have the most upside. You just wonder how the body fills out.
3. Houston Rockets: Paolo Banchero | Duke | Forward | Freshman | 6?10, 250
It certainly feels like they moved Christian Wood knowing they were taking one of the bigs. Banchero seems the most likely to fall to them.
4. Sacramento Kings: Keegan Murray | Iowa | Forward | Sophomore | 6?8, 225
I would have Murray 2nd on my personal board, but I understand the age works against players. At almost 22 years old, it is hard to pass up on guys 2+ years younger that have those 2.5 years of improvement coming. Still Murray had one of the greatest statistical and efficient seasons ever. I don’t think he will fail, I see his floor as John Collins like, and that’s a good player. He’s got to be the most NBA ready and the Kings want to chase the 10th seed in perpetuity.
5. Detroit Pistons: Jaden Ivey | Purdue | Guard | Sophomore | 6?4, 195
Not ideal with Cunningham, but he’s the best talent available.
6. Indiana Pacers: A.J. Griffin | Duke | Forward | Freshman | 6?6, 220
7. Portland TrailBlazers: Bennedict Mathurin | Arizona | Guard/Forward | Sophomore | 6?7, 210
10. Sacramento Kings (via WAS): Shaedon Sharpe | Kentucky | Guard | Freshman | 6?6, 200
11. New York Knicks: TyTy Washington | Kentucky | Guard | Freshman | 6?3, 195
12. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Clippers): Ousmane Dieng | New Zealand | Forward | International | 6?9, 185
14. Cleveland Cavaliers: Malaki Branham | Ohio State | Guard | Freshman | 6?5, 180
15. Charlotte Hornets (via Pelicans): Jeremy Sochan | Baylor | Forward | Freshman | 6?9, 230
17. Houston Rockets: Ochai Agbaji | Kansas | Guard | Senior | 6?5, 215
19. Minnesota Timberwolves: New York Knicks: Johnny Davis | Wisconsin | Guard | Sophomore | 6?5, 195
20. San Antonio Spurs (via Raptors): Tari Eason | LSU | Forward | Sophomore | 6?8, 216
22. Memphis Grizzlies (via Jazz): Kennedy Chandler | Tennessee | Guard | Freshman | 6?2, 175
24. Milwaukee Bucks: Walker Kessler | Auburn | Center | Sophomore | 7?1, 245
25. San Antonio Spurs (via Celtics): Jake LaRavia | Wake Forest | Forward | Junior | 6?8, 227
27. Miami Heat: Dalen Terry | Arizona | Guard | Sophomore | 6?7, 195
29. Memphis Grizzlies: Kendall Brown | Baylor | Forward | Freshman | 6?8, 205
30. Denver Nuggets (via Thunder): Christian Braun | Kansas | Guard | Junior | 6?6, 218